Read on for a little about Travel The Unknown, our current vacancies and how to apply.
Sales SpecialistSalary: £25,000 - £32,000 + commission + monthly target incentives
Base salary is dependent on experience
The creation and conversion to sale of high quality tailor-made itineraries and of existing group tours. You are ultimately responsible for planning, selling and implementation of itineraries.
To make the most of every single genuine 'sales enquiry' received. You need to be able to differentiate between good and bad leads so that the company maximises revenue and profit.
To ensure the product sold to our clients and the supporting information is to the highest standard.
To support the operations team post-sales.
To work pro-actively with the marketing team to promote destinations and tours and be forthcoming with ideas and suggestions.
To liaise promptly and efficiently with relevant suppliers when dealing with new leads (e.g. requesting tailormade quotations).
To achieve levels of client service at all stages of the process to engender repeat business.
To take appropriate opportunities to up-sell relevant products where appropriate.
Interacting with our clients mostly over the telephone and by email - with some face to face meetings, mostly at trade events, sometimes in the office.
Demonstrating a total commitment to customer service. It's your goal to ensure all clients return home having had a trip which exceeds their expectations.
Annual overseas familiarisation trips to expand knowledge and develop product.
Previous sales experience within a similar tour operator environment
Must be pro-active in learning about and selling destinations not familiar with
Strong communication skills
Customer service & selling skills
Strong organisation & time management skills
Attention to detail
Genuine passion for travel
Assist with handling of emergency phone on rotation basis
Knowledge/experience of as many countries and regions we already sell
(ideally including Latin America, Balkans, Caucasus, Madagascar, Turkey)
Working knowledge of Galileo
Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
Good IT skills (use of Word, spreadsheets and email systems)
Experience managing people
Experience of working with travel agents and other third party travel buyers
The office hours are: Mon-Fri, 09:00/09:30 - 17:00/17:30. The office is based in Putney, close to Putney Bridge tube station or 10 min walk from Putney Rail Station.
There is also complimentary access to a good gym.
Copywriting, PR & Social Media InternshipSalary: Expenses Only
This full-time temporary position will involve hands-on experience of working in a small owner-managed travel company and will involve various tasks including:
- writing copy (content) for various projects including website, brochures, trip documents, advertisements and other print design
- preparation of press releases and responding to journalist requests
- researching destinations on the web
- developing and supporting marketing strategy
- sending out of brochure packs
- working with images and video
- following up with clients and potential clients on the phone and by email
- keeping the website and documentation up-to-date
- dealing with suppliers
- working with Social Media and forums
- previous experience in writing copy (content)
- marketing and/or social media marketing experience
- be an excellent communicator in English (both in writing and speech)
- have a good eye for detail
- be able to think for themselves and show initiative
- have a strong interest in travel
- have a willingness to learn new things and adapt to situations
- be punctual and diligent
- be available for at least 8 weeks
- Web development (front end and back end)
- Amending current website and creating new functionality and content
- Developing back end admin functionality
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have good experience in website development
- An excellent educational background in IT development (min 2 years)
- Have a good eye for detail
- Be able to think for themselves and show initiative
- Have a willingness to learn new things and adapt to situations
- Be punctual and diligent
- Be available for a minimum of 8 weeks